It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Everything smells and tastes like peppermint, and I can actually enjoy a cup of coffee. I usually stick to iced coffee here in Florida, but cooler tempertures make me excited for a nice warm cup of morning joe. I am quite a coffee fiend (I even have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to my love of coffee), so I have tried just about every type of coffee variety and creamer out there. Sure, I buy the store bought stuff, I sometimes grind my own coffee, and I experiment when I can. However, I do know that peppermint mocha creamer is a personal favorite. I drink it year-round, and if I can’t find it in the stores I just make my own! It’s easy to do, and I know you will love it.
This recipe is one of those reasons why I have so many mason jars lying around. I can’t seem to have enough for dining, recipes, party decor. I always have a use for them.
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated – they sit right next to each other on
- the shelf ;) )
- 1 14 oz. can of cold milk, your choice
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate syrup
- ½-1 tsp peppermint extract (this stuff is strong so start with 1⁄2 tsp just to be safe)
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- I like to add mine to a mason jar and shake well for about 30 seconds and voila!
- Just make sure to shake well before using.
How do you take your coffee?