Thank you for Viva Vantage and Walmart for sponsoring this post and helping me clean up my messes!
Are you tired of looking in your pantry and on your kitchen counters and seeing a complete mess? Getting it back in tip top shape is incredibly important for your sanity. These tips will help you get your kitchen organized so that you can spend more time on the things that matter.
I am so guilty of going grocery shopping and leaving everything on the counters. Or, even better, never putting away the mail. The counters in my kitchen become a total dumping ground for flowers, food, and blog projects. While I am blessed to have a beautiful kitchen, I don’t take care of it in the way that I should. I’m going to work on getting my counters clean and keeping them that way with the help of my good friend Viva Vantage paper towels.
Kitchen Organization Tips
1. Out with the Old. Getting rid of the old items in your pantry is so important. You simply cannot have an organized pantry with a can from 1999. If it’s expired, throw it out. You can also make a box to fill with donations to the food pantry. While you’re in the pantry organizing, make a list of items you have in which you can make meals out of. Search your fridge and freezer and throw out old food or things that may have gone bad. Keep a freezer inventory which will help in meal planning! While you’re cleaning out pantry shelves and refrigerator crevices, use Viva Vantage paper towels to handle the messy tasks!
2. Use the Space You Have. Many of us are blessed with a lot of pantry space that we can utilize. First of all, you should put the food where it goes in the pantry. It’s easy to get caught up in putting food wherever we can put it, but placing it in its right place is a smart move. I actually have a ton of counter space and no pantry. Can you imagine?! This is why vegetables end up on the counter and cereal boxes are my nemesis. They just pile up and cause clutter. Hide unnecessary appliances (I don’t need my hand mixer or blender out at ALL times) to save counter space and put things where they belong.
3. Use see through storage containers and the right organizational tools. If you can’t see those higher up spaces in your kitchen, see through storage is your answer. If you can see what’s in your pantry, you’re more likely to use it. Use baskets to keep similar items together or a bin like this mailbox pictured above. When I come home, I just place my mail and important documents here to review. This small step will keep my counters clear of coupons and clutter!
4. Time to label! After using see through storage containers and other tools to organize your kitchen clutter, try labels. I know you can’t wait to whip out the label machine and start labeling stuff. It’s totally worth it to label the items within your pantry or kitchen.
5. Clean it up. After your counters are clear, use Viva® Vantage Paper Towels paper towels to get the gunk off. You’d be amazed at what a little cleaning solution and a durable paper towel can do! Let your counters sparkle and admire your work. Viva® Vantage Paper Towels stretches—that’s why it scrubs so well. Viva® Vantage* Towels are made with a revolutionary V-Flex* Weave, which provides stretch that helps deliver great scrubbing power. It’s perfect for everyday messes yet strong enough with a sponge-like absorbency to help you soak up major spills!
How do you keep your counters clean?