My Superbowl Experience in Brief:
- Pepsi Smash Concert: I was apparently a member of the "cast" and was an "extra" in the audience. They made us wear bright colored clothing and herded us inside the Ford Amphitheatre before the show began. It was pouring rain and cold. We ended up somewhere in the middle near the front and waited for the show to start. Lifehouse was on first and I'm pretty sure I took a nap. Fall Out Boy was next and seemed to be exactly how I remembered them. Rihanna was last, and I would have rather listened to her lip synch. I didn't get my fifteen minutes of fame, but I did manage to catch a glimpse of my sweet hand holding a cell phone on VH1.
- Bud Bowl Day 1: Snoop Dogg. It was absolutely freezing and I headed to Channelside for the first day of the Bud Bowl concerts. It was set up nicer than I had expected. If it wasn't so cold, it might have been super fun as opposed to just fun. I enjoyed myself and I was surrounded with good company. After the show, Ashley & I decided we wanted to explore Ybor City. We ended up at Club Skye and watched Lil' Jon DJ. Ray-J, Sean Kingston, and Keri Hilson were also there to sing a song or two. Why we didn't take a vehicle is beyond me. Getting a cab in this city was RIDICULOUS. The only way we finally made it home was by waiting until 4:30AM and hopping into a cab with people that were also going our same way.
- Football/Bud Bowl Day 2: 3 Doors Down. Saturday was the longest day ever. Not only did I wake up at 10AM to go to a celebrity flag football game, I ended up staying out til about 1AM for a concert. The flag football game was at Al Lang Field--a place that I had never thought I'd step into since the Rays have since relocated their spring training. It was gorgeous outside and I was very thrilled to be sitting in the sun. While I wasn't able to open my eyes all the way, I was finally able to defrost myself from the previous night. There were some interesting celebrities at the game that ranged from Christian Slater to Brody Jenner. I was just excited about Penn Bagdley and Blake Lively (Dan & Serena of Gossip Girl). While I was "far" away, the game was still mildly entertaining and it was free. The Post-game concert featured LL Cool J and he was pretty much amazing. I swear he does not age. While I was in the front, I still managed to get trampled by people who were darting toward the roses and dollar bills he was throwing out.
- After navigating the traffic from St. Petersburg to downtown Tampa, I was ready to begin Bud Bowl Day 2. I swear that it was even colder than Friday--if that's even possible. It seemed a lot more crowded than the day before, but I still managed to manuever through the concert crowd easily. Ludo opened for them, and I was way more excited about them. They sing about pirates and dinosaurs. I'm sold. 3 Doors Down was kind of boring. I have seen them live before, and it was the same story. After this crazy long day, I immediately passed out. :-x
- Super Sunday: After a quick recovery, Ashey & I decided to see what was happening on Dale Mabry. Surprisingly the traffic wasn't terrible, and we were able to park without paying $100. The streets were scary--even in broad daylight! There were so many people everywhere that we only made it a few blocks before giving in and taking refuge inside Tijuana Iguana. We had to pay $20 just to gain entry into an old Bennigan's, but I suppose that it was worth the price of admission. It was definitely Steelers territory here. With the way the crowd was behaving, I felt like I was in Pittsburgh! It was very crowded and definitely fun. I ended the night up at Green Iguana to see Samantha Ronson DJ. There was no Lohan, and I was a little disappointed!
I'm terribly tired and it's been TWO whole days since this weekend of insanity. I have to rest my energy, because the pirates invade in a few short days. It's Gasparilla time!