What are you doing on New Year’s Eve?

What are you doing on New Year’s Eve?

Google recently released their “Zeitgeist 2011: How the World Searched” and the video was set to Mat Kearney’s [who I love] “Sooner or Later.”

Comments

1. says

I KNOW the loan repayment feeling, but I just applied for Income-Based repayment until I have a rocking income. (Maybe someday!!) If you can, give it a shot…if anything it helps for awhile.

Happy New Year!

2. says

Now that we have Rylee we haven’t been out the past 2 years. As much as I do want to go out I always think about the crazies and what if something happens while she’s in bed sleeping & we’re out having fun. So, we grill steaks & get drunk at home now. ;) It’s different than the other NYE we have had, but totally worth it- I understand!

3. says

I’m so sorry you have all of this going on, Krystal. Have you heard of the blog “And then she saved”? You should check it out. She has some good advice and some motivation and hopefully will help you. And at least you do have that you like your job. That’s something to hold onto tight when things like this do happen. I hope that you find someone to take the hotel room.

4. says

Bummer about the hotel room! You should check to see if you can get your student loan payments deferred for a while. I got my payments lowered for a year because I was making crap at my first job out of school. Money problems suck and sometimes it’s hard to see all the good in your life, but it seems like you are holding on to that. Stay positive! Sounds like you’ll have a nice low-key NYE. I’ll probably be asleep before midnight. Womp, womp.

5. says

I know I’m seeing this kinda late but have you thought about putting it on craigslist for a cheaper price? Maybe someone will see it and want to get it. Hang in there girl, I’ve had my account screwed up like that before and it sucks.

6. says

Girrrrl, I am about to relate since I’m losing my job in 30 days and determined to find something that makes me happy instead of just allowing me to buy myself nice things and a nice apt…I am a very firm believer in everything happening for a reason and I know it will all work out for you, esp since you are so not a negative person by nature. Even if it feels like it sucks right now

7. says

lobster tails aren’t half bad :) so life can’t be too terrible. i feel you on the financial hardship. it’s often a sacrifice to do what we love instead of what makes the money. in that respect, i don’t have a lot of advice for you. especially with respect to student loans. i have them too and it sucks. then again, i wouldn’t trade my master’s degree or those years in grad school for anything. if you want to open an etsy shop in 2012, then you should definitely do it! and if you ever have specific questions about running it, feel free to send them my way. happy new year!
    xo,
    courtney

8. says

I’m sorry your NYE didn’t turn out like you had hoped, but sometimes those are the best nights! I can totally relate with one transaction totally screwing you up, the good news??? That was so last year :)

9. says

I can totally relate – when I worked, we had a financial cushion but since I’ve been home with the kids, it’s a lot tougher and just the smallest thing can really mess up the whole budget.

Definitely look into deferring your loans. When my dad passed away and I moved from TN to OH, it took quite awhile to find a job I was happy with and paid well and so I had them deferred until things got better. You do still get charged interest of course but student loan interest is pretty low. In the long run, it might be worth it to have the extra interest until you have more wiggle room – lord knows most of us will be paying off student loans until the day we die anyway!