Love {My} Wedding

Valentine’s Day Challenge
I usually never miss a challenge hosted by Neely & Amber, but this month was a little nutty for me. I, cannot, however miss the WEDDING topic!

I mean, here we are… almost one year after the BIG DAY! Our one year wedding anniversary is the 19th and things this past year have certainly been crazy. We had our wedding shown on reality TV {I can’t decide if this was a good or bad decision, LOL!}, we moved, we have had family drama, we adopted a third dog, we both got new jobs….

It’s been one hell of a year.

I just wanted to share some of my favorite wedding pictures and some of my extra touches that I still adore to this day. I don’t know if I could ever tire of them. If you’ve followed me for a while, you’re probably tired of these pictures… but allow to reminisce!

My fabulous brooch bouquet
{Finished literally one hour before the wedding}

With no time to finish brooch bouquets for my maids and no room in the budget for flowers, PINWHEELS it is!

We had a first look.

Our ceremony set up on the beach…

A steel drummer that played “I’m Yours” as I walked down the aisle…

aisle walking

The BIG kiss!

We all then walked to the water and threw some shells in while making a wish!

Had to take some “formals…”

Time for the RECEPTION! My favorite part! ;)

Burlap runners, milk glass, pinwheels, carnations and cootie catchers.
A whole lotta cheese! ;D

Our guestbook — sign a postcard — stick in mailbox!

CAKE

Cake topper :)

BBQ for dinner. YUM.

First dance to “I’m Yours” the Casanova Session version!

I changed. Party time.

Cake smash!

SHOTS every hour! It was so fun!

The favors — shot glasses!

And, to end the night, my husband joined the band and sang to me!

And there was a photo booth. A serious must!

I can’t believe it was a year ago but I still have such fond memories of the day!
My advice to anyone planning a wedding — do what YOU want to do. I know that sounds “Bridezilla” of me, but it is true. The only one who really remembers all the details of your BIG DAY is.. well… you, the Bride! I am so glad that I had awesome friends and a husband who went with the flow. We had a great party and even greater photos!

Which brings me to my next piece of advice. Do not under any circumstances skimp on photography! Find room in the budget to make it work. Photography should be high on your list of priorities! I mean, why do you think I had catered BBQ instead of a sit down dinner? Because I spent my money on photography (and a wedding planner…lol) instead of fancy food. It worked out to my advantage because the BBQ was DELICIOUS! ;)

The Aftermath:
P.S. For those want to know, I have my brooch bouquet in a mason jar on my dresser. My cake topper was packed away and I’m actually trying to remember where we put it! The pinwheels clearly didn’t last through the night but they looked good in pictures! ;) I gifted all the milk glass to my wedding planner because she was first of all a total saint who dealt with some reality TV assholes but also because she definitely went ABOVE and BEYOND her call of duty. And, what was I going to do with 50 or so pieces of milk glass? I barely have room to store my dishes! My wedding dress still hasn’t been dry cleaned and is sort of just thrown in my closet on the top shelf. I should probably make that a priority. I’d love to one day be able to FIT into the dress. I definitely don’t anymore! I know, it’s sad, it was only ONE year since the big day but my curves have certainly filled out since we moved down to southwest Florida!!

All my wedding recaps and vendors can be found on my wedding page:
Krystal & Scott’s Wedding

Thursday Comment Club on Poshonabudget

Comments

1. says

I’m not sure how I ever found your blog, but I remember I found it during your wedding recaps and I absolutely fell in LOVE with so much of your wedding – it’s fun to see it all again! Must be wonderful to think back on! :)

2. says

Sooo beautiful. You. The dress. The location. The sunset. All of it! I love the colors and the photographs are amazing. The cake topper is the cutest thing ever!

3. says

LOVE your wedding photos. Very smart changing into a shorter dress…I should have done that since we couldn’t do our choreographed first dance because of my stupid dress!

4. says

You had such an awesome wedding!, I don’t get tired of seeing the pics!! :) When I do get married, I’m definitely making room for some amazing photography – great advice!

5. says

I am in LOVE with the color of your bridesmaids dresses! And the pinwheels?! What an awesome idea! I always tell the hubby that I would love to do our renewals on the beach someday!

6. says

Always love seeing photos of your beautiful wedding, Krystal. :)

It is almost our 1-year, too!

Thanks for linking up with us for the Valentine’s Challenge!

7. says

I hope to fit in my wedding dress again too (also married a year ago)! Love your gorgeous pics and couldn’t agree with you more that quality photos are a MUST! Great post, as always :)

8. says

there are so many things i love about your wedding! your dress, bouquet, bridesmaids dresses…and that cake topper is sooo cute! it’s all beautiful :)

9. says

this is an excellent looking wedding!! i love how you had pinwheels for the bridesmaid and your brooch bouquet. seriously this wedding just says this is us this is what we like, we like the beach, we like good yummy good and this day is about the things we love the most!

10. says

I cant believe it’s been almost a year! I remember when you were planning it and watching you on Bridezillas lol. Is that show still on? I miss it. I absolutely agree 1000% about making the wedding you. Also,our biggest expense was photography. I mean, it is the one thing that will show memories of the day. So, it should e top priority!

11. says

I always love looking at your wedding pics…seriously straight out of a magazine!! Everything was perfect. Your dresses are BOTH amazing!!

12. says

Your wedding was redonkulous! I love your dresses and the beach is AMAZING! I saw your Bridezillas episode but it’s awesome to see all of your details here! You are one creative lady!

13. says

I have seen these wedding pictures a number of times, I feel like, but for some reason I don’t remember how beautiful your dress was! I just love it!! You look amazing, and everything about your look is so so perfect! The aisle walking picture is so pretty, and it shows off the great neck line!