Let's see, where to begin?
I suppose I should mention that I'm 27 weeks pregnant.That's kind of important.
Besides that, I'm a Florida girl who has lived in Tampa pretty much forever with brief stints in Orlando and now, the Ft Myers/Naples area. We have three wildly furry dogs that are all rescues.
Kamikaze, 2 year old Chow/Akita Mix
Denali, 6 year old Chow, we got him last year after we got married.
Andre, 10 year old Lab/Weimaraner mix
My husband is a writer, I'm a glorified administrative assistant at an art gallery.
We got married in February of 2011 and you might have seen it on TV. Maybe.
And, uh, since I kind of just wrote about myself last week -- here's a blurb from that post for all the newbies!
I'm a very optimistic person who enjoys setting goals and keeping track of my progress. We are expanding our family in September -- one baby boy on the way!
1. When and why did you start your blog? I started my blog back in 2008. My first post was November of 2008 and it was basically three sentences long. I started my blog to stay connected to friends and family. It sort of evolved into a daily document of my life that I share not only with people I know--but also strangers. I'm okay with that! I love sharing sales, crafts, and my life with anyone willing to listen.
2. What do you want people to know about you and your blog? I like to keep things "light." I want to have fun. Blogging can be a business or even a career for some people. After all, I did just receive my Master's in Technology. However, I just like to use it as a tool to share my life with others. I don't mind the reviews or giveaway opportunities that come with blogging... The internet and its tools are certainly a part of my life. I just like to use my blog as a way to share my opinions and learn from others.
3. What are your two favorite posts you have written? Just two? Come on, Neely! ;) I could talk about how I just celebrated my birthday drunk at a Hanson concert. I could share my love of journaling or easy DIY. But -- if you just want me to pick two -- I would pick two posts that are special to me. My wedding and my secret reveal of my reality TV show participation. I didn't tell anyone for a long while about what was "up." My wedding was certainly not normal--it was a lot of fun! Before you judge me for being on a reality show, just know that it was all in good fun and shouldn't be taken 100% seriously. The details of my reception is also one post that I love the most too. There was a lot of time and effort put into just how my reception went down!
Since then, I would have to say some of my favorite posts (and most well received!) were my Mama to Be Pictures and Announcing My Pregnancy!
4. A brief blurb about you: If you take the time to email or follow my blog, I will return the favor! I go through my emails daily and try to follow new blogs regularly. Sometimes my followers widget isn't the most up-to-date so I can't tell if you're a new follower unless you comment! I love discovering new blogs and learning from others.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Mixing politics with blogging. There are a lot of heated opinions out there nowadays. 2012 is going to be an Election Year... a big one at that. I love my readers and politics ... but don't want to subject y'all to my opinions. I might tell you who I voted for... after the election!
Also, I opened my blog up for questions! Leave one here! I'll get to those this week.