Ten realistic goals I'd like to accomplish before the new year
Participating in this week's prompt...
01. Take newborn photos of Cannon (and QUICKLY! He's already two weeks!) and also try to get into a habit of taking nice photos! We always had our pictures done when we were growing up every few months. It's nice to look back on!
02. Get another tattoo. I know what I want and haven't told anyone what it is or where I want it... not even my husband knows about this tattoo idea yet. I've been toying with the idea for a while -- it's cute, small, black ink, and will be covered pretty much all the time.
03. Have a real beach day. Yes -- we go to the beach a lot... but it was mainly to walk around, eat, I would watch everyone drink... I want a "real" beach day where I bring my beach chair, a stack of magazines, and lay out in the sun. I have a new bathing suit, a beach chair that I found for $4 at Target this week, and baby has more swim trunks than necessary! We are ready. (And, yes, since it's Florida we still have some time to accomplish this... it will be hot for a while!)
04. Walk at least five times a week and/or use the treadmill that's sitting in our dining room. No, really, I have to use the treadmill.
05. Unpack my pre-pregnancy clothes and make a Goodwill donation trip. More than likely these clothes will not fit me either ever again or for a long while. No need on holding onto such old clothes that might not fit ever again.
06. Stop drinking regular Coke. I started a bad habit in my pregnancy... since I wasn't drinking soda as much as I was before I was pregnant... I figured that I'd just drink regular Coke since I had previously only drank the diet stuff. If I was only allowed one soda a day or every day days... the "real" stuff was all I wanted. Now... Diet tastes awful to me (Even though I used to be addicted to it!) and even Coke Zero cannot compare.
07. Get organized... this is broad and very vague but specifically... Where is my passport? Find the DVDs of our wedding photos and our Bridezillas episodes. I know I packed them away for "safe keeping" but in the move (which was a YEAR ago now) I can't seem to find that "safe" place I put them. Fill out this year's planner... it's already September and I haven't used it yet (It is a planner that started in August)! Organize digital photos. I have like three broken laptops that have images scattered on them along with more recent photos on my husband's computer. Perhaps burn them all to CDs by year? Organize printed images. I have gotten into the habit of ordering lots of photos every time a photo site has free printing... now I need to organize those images. Throwing them into a box isn't helpful. Organize my bookshelf.
08. Pay my overdue library fine and become a more frequent library user. I feel like there are good mom books in the library that I should read. I should investigate.
09. Maintain good contact with out of town friends. It's easy to forget to reply to a text or return a phone call -- especially now that I have a baby that wants to eat every time I get started on something! ;) Make sure to say hello every so often to those that matter and also don't forget to send out some wedding gifts to some awesome friends that are getting hitched soon!
10. Enjoy watching Cannon grow. Soon I'll have to go back to work and I just wonder how our lives will be busier... three dogs, a husband, a baby... a lot of people in this house want my attention! ;) I hope that we can find a way to achieve balance and keep everyone happy.