For those that don't know, I'm Krystal and I blog over at Krystal's Kitsch. I keep it silly and try to document my life. I'm married, we moved to a new city about seven months, and am trying to get all settled in with a new job, new house, and new outlook on life. I'm a very optimistic person who enjoys setting goals and keeping track of my progress. We are expanding our family in September -- one baby boy on the way!
1. When and why did you start your blog? I started my blog back in 2008. My first post was November of 2008 and it was basically three sentences long. I started my blog to stay connected to friends and family. It sort of evolved into a daily document of my life that I share not only with people I know--but also strangers. I'm okay with that! I love sharing sales, crafts, and my life with anyone willing to listen.
2. What do you want people to know about you and your blog? I like to keep things "light." I want to have fun. Blogging can be a business or even a career for some people. After all, I did just receive my Master's in Technology. However, I just like to use it as a tool to share my life with others. I don't mind the reviews or giveaway opportunities that come with blogging... The internet and its tools are certainly a part of my life. I just like to use my blog as a way to share my opinions and learn from others.
3. What are your two favorite posts you have written? Just two? Come on, Neely! ;) I could talk about how I just celebrated my birthday drunk at a Hanson concert. I could share my love of journaling or easy DIY. But -- if you just want me to pick two -- I would pick two posts that are special to me. My wedding and my secret reveal of my reality TV show participation. I didn't tell anyone for a long while about what was "up." My wedding was certainly not normal--it was a lot of fun! Before you judge me for being on a reality show, just know that it was all in good fun and shouldn't be taken 100% seriously. The details of my reception is also one post that I love the most too. There was a lot of time and effort put into just how my reception went down!
Since then, I would have to say some of my favorite posts (and most well received!) were my Mama to Be Pictures and Announcing My Pregnancy!
4. A brief blurb about you: If you take the time to email or follow my blog, I will return the favor! I go through my emails daily and try to follow new blogs regularly. Sometimes my followers widget isn't the most up-to-date so I can't tell if you're a new follower unless you comment! I love discovering new blogs and learning from others.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Mixing politics with blogging. There are a lot of heated opinions out there nowadays. 2012 is going to be an Election Year... a big one at that. I love my readers and politics ... but don't want to subject y'all to my opinions. I might tell you who I voted for... after the election!
Q + A
So, here we go! I've never opened my blog up for questions before -- and if I did I don't remember ever answering them. I'd love to answer your questions! Now that my show is airing on Netflix Instant Streaming and it's been over a year since it was filmed and aired, I can talk a lot more about the process and what happened behind the scenes.
Also, I'd love to get random silly questions since I do have new readers. Give me something to do at work, please. :)
*I'm looking for large sponsors--ETSY shop owners, small businesses, or just someone who wants to get their blog more exposure. I'm all full with ad swaps -- what a success Passionfruit Ads turned out to be. Check out the sponsorship information here. I'm almost up to 900 followers -- how did that happen? ;)
*My giveaway for anything from eShakti is ending today! Don't forget to enter -- and you can tweet every day for an extra entry! Enter here!