Paleo is pretty much all the rage right now. I can't go anywhere on social media without seeing it in some way. I was inspired to start looking into Paleo recipes at the beginning of the New Year. I have always been an eMeals subscriber (going on two years!) and wanted to spice up my recipes. I had previously been doing the Low Calorie Meal Plan but decided to try ... PALEO!
The basic tenets of Paleo were things I could agree with (though some things I can't do) so I've decided to try to maintain a generally low carb diet and try Paleo recipes for dinner. Everything that I've made so far with eMeals Paleo recipes has been delicious! The recipe below is quite tasty and I recommend it.
Blackened Skirt Steak BLT Salad
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak, trimmed
- 4 cups baby mixed greens
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler. Combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Brush olive oil evenly over steak. Sprinkle both sides with spice mixture, pressing to adhere. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
2. Combine mixed greens, tomatoes, bacon, and red onion in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir with a whisk and toss with salad mixture. Top salad with steak. Yields 4 servings.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 380, Total Fat: 25.4 g, Saturated Fat: 6.4 g, Cholesterol: 82 mg, Sodium: 668 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 10 g, Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g, Sugars: 4.3 g, Protein: 29 g
Paleo Made Possible with eMeals Meal Planning. Emeals makes it easy and affordable. Paleo recipes are quite simple for me as I usually already have all the spices and seasonings and just need a quick grocery store run for some fresh vegetables and the main item (beef, chicken, etc.).
And, I really believe it. If Paleo isn't for you, Emeals has a ton of other plans. Some are customized to your local grocery store (Walmart or Publix for example) and recipes for the week are matched up with the store's weekly sales.
Use the discount code newyear to save 15% off your eMeals subscription! (Expires 1/31)
((Want to be a part of Emeals Blogger Network? Visit their Blogger Signup and enter my website in the referral part!))