I typically don’t post children’s activities on this blog, but this one just seemed to fit. This “recipe” combines both food and play, and it’s pretty neat. With today being the first day of school for many, this activity is perfect for those younger kiddos at home or as an after-school activity. I just like that it’s edible.
Take a peek in your pantry. Do you have peanut butter, powdered sugar, and coconut oil? If so, you’re all set! I always have a giant tub of coconut oil laying around (it’s basically the only thing I cook with!), so this idea is a no-brainer.
After gathering your ingredients, mix one cup of peanut butter and one tablespoon of coconut oil together. After it’s combined, add one cup of powdered sugar. Mix again. Add a half cup of powdered sugar and combine. Then, add the last half cup of powdered sugar.
You can always adjust the proportions of the powdered sugar if you are estimating and not using a measuring cup. Just mix away until the play dough is a smooth consistency without sticking to your hands.
If the dough starts to get sticky, pour a small amount of flour on wax paper and place it on the surface your child is playing with the dough on. Oh, and eating is allowed. Of course!
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Flour, optional
- Combine peanut butter and coconut oil.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar to the mixture. Mix well.
- Add half a cup of powdered sugar.
- Once that is combined, add another half cup of powdered sugar.
- Once the dough is smooth and not sticky, it is ready for play!
- If the dough gets sticky, sprinkle a small amount of flour on wax paper and cover the surface you are playing on.
What’s your favorite after-school activity?
P.S. Did you see? We are giving away $500 in cash to celebrate the Back to School Season. Don’t delay. Enter today!
Looking for more back to school inspiration?
Latest posts by Krystal (see all)
- Cinnamon Coffee Scrub Recipe - May 22, 2015
- First Time Homebuyer: How to Plan For Your Future Dream Home - May 22, 2015
- Spring and Summer Fashion Ideas: Create a Mix and Match Wardrobe at Kohl’s - May 21, 2015